Tips: If you don’t have a panini press, you can fry these in a cast iron pan set over medium heat. To press sandwiches, place a second pan on top or wrap a brick in foil and press down while cooking. Instead of baguette, use crusty rolls if desired.
Traditional Cuban sandwiches, Cubanos, get a seasonal twist when made with leftover turkey breast.
- Preheat panini press to high.
- Slice baguette pieces horizontally; spread Mustard over bottom halves. Top with cheese, turkey, tomatoes and pickles.
- Spread mayonnaise over cut side of remaining baguette halves; cap sandwiches.
- Lightly butter outside of bread.
- Grill in panini press for about 4 minutes or until outside is crusty and cheese is melted.