TIP: Freeze leftover stew to have on hand for a quick meal during the week. Serve with moodles, rice or cauliflower mash.
- Cut turkey into 2-3 inch chunks.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge lightly in flour.
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a Dutch oven or large pot until crisped. Remove bacon and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown turkey on all sides over medium heat. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, 4-6 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook an additional 2 minutes.
- If pan is dry add olive oil.
- Add carrots, parsnips and potatoes.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until lightly browned.
- De-glaze with 1/3 of Guinness.
- Add tomato paste. Cook 1 minute.
- Add bacon, turkey, broth, and remaining Guinness.
- Add thyme, oregano and bay leaves.
- Cook for 1.5 to 2 hrs until meat is fork tender and liquid has thickened to a gravy-like consistency.