TIP: This dish tastes great the next day and makes an excellent lunch. Just serve in a sandwich or with a side salad for an instant meal.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size non-stick frying pan.
- Chop sweet potatoes into a small, 1 cm (1/2 inch) dice. Cook sweet potatoes over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Pre-heat oven to broil and adjust oven rack to the middle.
- Slice turkey, against the grain, into ½ cm (1/4 inch) slices.
- Beat eggs. Add water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add turkey, roasted red peppers, and lentils to the frying pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Tilt the pan so the egg mixture settles evenly across the ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat. Once the eggs begin to cook, stir to break up. Make sure ingredients are evenly distributed. Continue to cook until eggs begin to set on the bottom (4 – 6 minutes) but are still runny on the top.
- Remove from heat and transfer to the oven.
- Broil for 5 – 8 minutes until frittata is set and the eggs have puffed up and are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.