TIP: You can always bake your mac and cheese with bread crumbs for added texture.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once bubbling, stir in onion. Cook for a few minutes. Whisk in flour. Continue whisking until roux browns, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Whisk in milk and cream. Add in spices and mustard.
- Cook, whisking occasionally, until mixture thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese. When melted, stir in macaroni, bacon, and turkey. Keep mixing until well combined.
- Garnish with extra bacon and cheese if desired.