TIP: Add 1 tsp of fresh jalapeno to the crema for an added kick. For best results place the legs in the brine mixture a minimum of 4 hours (or overnight).
- BRINE In a resealable bag or air tight container place turkey legs, beer, salt, brown sugar, peppercorns and bay leaf. Mix gently and seal the contents . Refrigerate minimum 4 hours or overnight.
- MAKE CREMA In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, onion powder, lime juice and salt. Mix until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- RUB LEGS In a small bowl combine dry rub ingredients and mix until combined. Remove turkey legs from brine, pat dry and drizzle with olive oil. Generously cover all legs with rub mixture.
- PREHEAT GRILL Heat grill to 300F. Grill legs on indirect heat for 2 hours or until the internal temperature of the leg meat reaches 165F.
- EAT! Remove legs from grill, drizzle cilantro lime crema and serve immediately.